- Hero is in R Standard Side Control
- Hero L Hand ->back of Opp Head thumb in Gi Collar
- Hero R Hand ->UH Opp L Arm
- Hero R Hand -> Opp L Hip Gi; Hero R Forarm -> Opp Hips
- Hero jumps to R Knee on Belly
- Hero applies pressure with R Knee to force Opp to roll onto R Side
- Opp defends with R + L Arm pushing -> Hero R Knee (AST – ‘at same time’) Opp rolls onto R Side
- During transition Hero allows R Knee to slide -> Ground (AST) Hero keeps R Arm tightly against Opp Hips
- This last point is important to control Opp Hips
- Hero L Arm slides L a couple of inches to a fairly loose Gi Collar Grip beside Opp R Neck
- Hero steps L Foot -> Opp L Neck; when ready + balanced Hero slides L Leg under Opp back of neck.
- If needed you can windshield wiper your leg under the back of Opp Head
- Hero L inner forearm drops L -> across Opp neck
- Hero Elbow points -> L + Outside
- Hero L Arm continues to apply downward pressure to finish the choke.
Below is a really good video published by Ray Coleman from Black dragon Brazilian Jiu Jitsu that demonstrates this technique really well.
Keep in mind that there are other variations. One common variations uses the idea of dropping your head to the ground while pulling with your arm and kicking with your leg backwards to finish the choke.